Possible stock response for >1 issue in one BZ

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Fri Jan 2 20:52:34 UTC 2009

On Friday 02 January 2009 11:30:21 am Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Right, KDE bugs should usually be reported to bugs.kde.org. They should get
> fixed upstream. Still, filing at bugzilla.redhat.com too can't hurt, worst
> case we'll just close it as UPSTREAM, but in some cases we'll backport
> fixes or even try to fix it ourselves if the problem is important enough
> and easy enough to fix.

What if someone opened the bug in Fedora's bz because they wanted to know when
the fix actually landed in Fedora? I was about to write a new topic on Fedora
devel asking if we should do away with closing bugs UPSTREAM because it does
not allow one to find out when something was finally fixed in Fedora vs
upstream. This happened to me 2 weeks ago. I now have a bug closed and no way
of knowing if and when its actually fixed in a stable release.

-Steve