Where has the F10 DVD iso file gone?

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 22:51:34 UTC 2009

Horst H. von Brand wrote:

> Creating the image is rather easy; checking that it doesn't break badly or
> has any other undesired side effects, repeating the above for all
> supported
> architectures, shipping them out to mirrors (and getting mirrors to agree
> on carrying more large files) is where the real work is. Plus the risk of

Accepted - but I was doing a private re-spin for my own use.

> giving Fedora a bad name with a busted respin. Just check how long it
> takes
> to move from the first images to the images finally shipped on release.
> Sure, for a respin the work would be somewhat less (much less brand-new
> contents), but still.

Of course - but as I said it was/is a private respin - if someone does this
and it breaks their system then Fedora is not responsible.  However I do
know of some people who installed the release iso for F10 on a machine with
real scsi disks and this left them with an unbootable system until an
install from the DVD physical media was done in a different way.

Doing a private iso with updated mkinitrd/kernel/nash that were issued as
updates since release might have helped in that case.

> Besides, there is Fedora Unity... why do a job others have already
> volunteered to do?

At the present time I have not seen a re-spin available from Fedora Unity
for the DVD install iso? SO making a private one is for me under this
scenario the only option!