missing dependency python(abi) = 2.5 for package: ...

Greg spowd at bigpond.com
Fri Jan 2 23:40:23 UTC 2009

On 3/01/2009 10:13 AM, Fulko Hew wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Greg<spowd at bigpond.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 3/01/2009 9:54 AM, Fulko Hew wrote:
>>
>>> I decided to enable rawhide on my test F10 system, and do a
>>> yum update.
>>>
>>> I get a lot of dependency failures like:
>>>
>>> setroubleshoot-2.0.12-3.fc10.noarch from installed has depsolving problems
>>>    -->   Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.5 is needed by package
>>> setroubleshoot-2.0.12-3.fc10.noarch (installed)
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Fulko
>>>

>> why did you enable rawhide? this isnt a support channel. use the irc channel
>> or fedoraforum
>>

> Sorry.  I thought fedora-test was for testing rawhide?  ;-(

it is but your not giving much details of what you are actually
testing?. by the looks of it you have fc10 rpms

from what i understand you were using fedora10 an installed Fedora11
from enabling rawhide. correct method for testing Fedora11 is
downloading the boot.iso an installing fc11 that way an testing it
alongside fc10. you say your getting a lot of deps but what exactly did
you install from rawhide repo? if you can figure that one out im sure
you'll fix it

--
Regards Greg

http://www.fedoraforum.org/