missing dependency python(abi) = 2.5 for package: ...

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jan 3 05:43:00 UTC 2009

Fulko Hew wrote:
> (My ultimate goal was to find out if KDE 4.2 was packaged for testing
> yet, and if so, did it now contain fixes for the missing functionality,
> that KDE 3.5 has, that I need/want in 4.x.)

I'd suggest using the packages in the kde-redhat testing repository instead.
Rawhide is not intended for daily use, it's for development and testing
only. There can be broken dependencies like the one you're seeing in
Rawhide. (Actually, in this case, the broken dependency is due to the
package in the F10 updates having a higher Epoch-Version-Release (EVR) than
the one in Rawhide, but there are also some dependencies which are just
broken, for example packages which failed to rebuild for Python 2.6 for
some reason.)

        Kevin Kofler