missing dependency python(abi) = 2.5 for package: ...

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 3 18:12:44 UTC 2009

--- On Sat, 1/3/09, glenn <gsimpson at mountaincable.net> wrote:
> Ideally, I should have a script try each file,
> individually.  But that
> would take hours and as it is, sometimes I spend to 2 or 3
> hrs to work
> through the list of updates and seldom get below 300 pkgs
> waiting for
> dependencies.
>
> In your case, you might wish to use koji.  I might remove
> the blocking
> issues so you can get a look at the area you are
> interested.  Unlike me,
> you are not a concerned the F11 development is 'pure
> rawhide'.
>
> --
> Glenn Simpson VE3DSP
> Hamilton, Ont
>
> --

It might be better to remove all packages with python and their dependencies and then reinstall them.  This way everything gets updated and moved on.  Otherwise he would have to update everytime selectively and skip those packages time and time again till they would get resolved :)

At the beginning I ran into the same problem, but thanks to several members on the list, I quickly fixed the issue(s) by removing the packages one at a time till yum update pulled in all the new packages and their deps.

Regards,

Antonio