selinux adventures/troubles

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Jan 7 02:07:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 09:15:25AM -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> > I do not think that this happens consistently across installations
> > and so far I do not see any rhyme or reason.  On another box you may
> > not even notice that something is amiss
> >
> Can you execute
>
> yum reinstall selinux-policy-targeted

Sure ...

> and tell me if it gives you any errors?

No errors or any other complaints at all.

Removed:
  selinux-policy-targeted.noarch 0:3.5.13-34.fc10

Installed:
  selinux-policy-targeted.noarch 0:3.5.13-34.fc10

Complete!

There is also no change in a behaviour AFAICS.

BTW - today I was moving another machine with an active selinux
through the same F8->F10 procedure. So far it looks like that this
one got away completely unscathed.  Nothing was really done
differently in this case.  Does results depend on a sign of Zodiac?

    Michal