#fedora-bugzappers [Was: Re: CANCELED? Re: Reminder: Bug Triage Meeting Tomorrow (Tuesday) @ 15:00 UTC]

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Wed Jan 7 13:26:31 UTC 2009

On 2009-01-06, 15:11 GMT, Brennan Ashton wrote:
>>> Agenda

May I add one more item on the agenda of the next meeting?

* create #fedora-bugzappers IRC channel on Freenode (Jabber MUC
  would be an alternative, but I think Jabber is unfortunately
  still less common among Fedora users, so let's stick with the
  path of the least resistance), make it into the main IRC
  communication channel for bug zappers, and redirect all bug
  triagers there.

  The reason for splitting of our communication from #fedora-qa
  would be that discussion on #fedora-qa tends to drown into
  miriad messages about another round of running anaconda in
  VMWare (absolutely nothing against their wonderful effort which
  I think contributed mightily to the success of Fedora 10). If
  I want to participate in the bug zappers discussion I have no
  choice than to follow all these discussions on #fedora-qa.
  Given that I have other things to do than that (e.g., actually
  triage bugs ;-)), I usually just hope that if anybody wants me
  I will get PM from him, and ignore that channel as whole. I am
  afraid, that I am not the only one.

  I think, that even if there were just three of us in the
  channel (and I hope we could do better), it would seem to me to
  be more profitable than the current set up.

Comments?

Matěj