libglib-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Fri Jan 9 09:36:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:39:32 -0800 (PST), Antonio wrote:

> > There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
> > required to run yum.  The error leading to the problem was:
> >
> >   libglib-2.0.so.0:  cannot open shared object file:  No
> > such file or directory
> >
> > Please install a package which provides this module, or
> > verify that the module is installed correctly.

> > poweroff:  error while loading shared libraries:
> > libglib-2.0.so.0:  cannot open shared object file:  No such
> > file or directory

> I went to visit said page mentioned over here:
>
> http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

I would be surprised if it really commented on this particular
issue. A missing shared library (GLib even) is unlikely to become
a Yum FAQ.

What have you done to examine this problem?
Do you have libglib-2.0.so.0 anywhere on your system?
Do you have it in your RPM database, at least?
If not, which version of GLib is installed currently?
Which version of GLib is available in the repositories?