libglib-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 13:34:55 UTC 2009

--- On Fri, 1/9/09, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de> wrote:

> From: Michael Schwendt <mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de>
> Subject: Re: libglib-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
> Date: Friday, January 9, 2009, 1:36 AM
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:39:32 -0800 (PST), Antonio wrote:
>
> > > There was a problem importing one of the Python
> modules
> > > required to run yum.  The error leading to the
> problem was:
> > >
> > >   libglib-2.0.so.0:  cannot open shared object
> file:  No
> > > such file or directory
> > >
> > > Please install a package which provides this
> module, or
> > > verify that the module is installed correctly.
>
> > > poweroff:  error while loading shared libraries:
> > > libglib-2.0.so.0:  cannot open shared object
> file:  No such
> > > file or directory
>
> > I went to visit said page mentioned over here:
> >
> > http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq
>
> I would be surprised if it really commented on this
> particular
> issue. A missing shared library (GLib even) is unlikely to
> become
> a Yum FAQ.
>
> What have you done to examine this problem?
I saw something similar on another of my test machines, I ran ldconfig and did not see this specific problem.  I tried it on this one, and it failed.
> Do you have libglib-2.0.so.0 anywhere on your system?
IT should be installed, but somehow it might be corrupt?
> Do you have it in your RPM database, at least?
I'll need to check up on that.
> If not, which version of GLib is installed currently?
> Which version of GLib is available in the repositories?
glib-2.90-2 just came in on rawhide 20090109 and I am installing on the other two machines.

> --

Will try to get back with some of this info from the specific machine on Monday.  Thanks for helping.

Regards,

Antonio