New kernel doesn't complete booting

David dgboles at comcast.net
Sat Jan 10 16:34:32 UTC 2009

Antonio M wrote:
> kernel-2.6.29-0.24.rc0.git13.fc11.i686 doesn' complete booting on my
> i386 system and stops just after writing the very first lines on my
> screen.
> Anyone else with same experience???

Unless they changed this when I was not looking the last line that
displays is the last 'event' in the loading order that succeeded. The
'event' that failed does *not* display.

Reboot with a different kernel and watch the screen the 'event' that
failed the first time will be shown right after the 'event' line were it
stopped before now. And then you know what to 'fix'.  ;-)

--

  David