Fedora Bug Triage Meeting Recap 2009-01-13

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 01:13:31 UTC 2009

Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Meetings/Minutes-2009-Jan-13

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== Attendees ==
* tk009
* poelcat
* jds2001
* John5342
* kennyp

== Previous Meeting Follow-up ==
* mcepl created #fedora-bugzappers which is where we are doing focused
bug triage discussion now
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping/Trackers is updated
*
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping/Fedora10#Fedora_8_EOL_Closure
is complete
** '''ACTIONS''':
**# John5342 is going to reorganize the page so that Fedora 11 is prominent
**# Need to close Fedora 10 tracker bugs and move open bugs still
attached to those trackers to F11 trackers
**# Need to update housekeeping procedures to reflect process around
unclosed bugs on trackers
**# John5342 will create housekeeping page for Fedora
11--https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping/TicketTemplate

== Metrics Reporting ==
* comphappy is collecting triage stats every day--need to propose
reporting mechanism
* create a matrix like this
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/F10Triagers based on
ActiveTriagers page
** another more summarized view could like this:
http://daniel.holba.ch/5-a-day-stats/
* could we had an option to FAS that where people could indicate yes/no
that they want to be included in metrics reports?

== Goals for Fedora 11 ==
* Set SMART goals:
** http://www.projectsmart.co.uk/smart-goals.html
** S - specific
** M - measurable
** A - agreed on
** R - relevant
** T - timely
* Goals to consider:
*# concentrate on duplicates
*# focus on identifying bugs that should be assigned to trackers
*# identify a core set of components to focus triage efforts on
*# components related to:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/11/FeatureList

== IRC Transcript ==