samba4 and openchange need reviewers

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 06:28:50 UTC 2009

Normally, I wouldn't bother, but I think this is important because,
1. M$ Exchange servers have between 30 and 60 percent of e-mail server
market share, depending on your search parameters.
[really not trolling here, so don't bother. there are other more
important factors to consider.]
2. Time has shown that FOSS e-mail *servers* won't push out M$ from
whatever enterprise it's currently entrenched.
3. Because of that, there is more of a need to focus on the e-mail
client, but current functionality on the open source desktop, with
respect to Exchange servers, is inadequate, and downright buggy.
4. Openchange has the potential to be the bridge - capture the users
first, then migration to backend solutions is more feasible.

 Bug 453083 -  (Samba4) Review Request: Samba4 - Samba4 CIFS and AD
server and client
 Bug 453395 -  (libmapi) Review Request: libmapi - OpenChange:
Microsoft Exchange access with native protocols

Thanks,
jerry