New QA wikipage in the horizone

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Fri Jan 23 15:13:29 UTC 2009

James Laska wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 13:56 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> As mentioned in the fedora meeting log a new QA wiki page is in the horizon
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/Draft/QA
>>

> First, love the new Fedora QA logo! :)  Many thanks to María Leandro for
> contributing the logo.  If you maintain a QA related page and want the
> new logo ... just include {{header|qa}} at the top of your wiki page.
>
> Jóhann, I really like how you've consolidated the content into something
> that's consumable.  My tolerance is always 1 page width, so great job!
>

>> Quality Control. A.K.A Bug Hunters Bug Triagers...
>>

> Would you consider this test execution and progress against specific
> releases (F10, F11 etc...)?
SQC/SQA is essentially what we do now release testing triage-ing etc..
( We need SQC SIG )
> Whereas Quality Assurance would capture
> process and planning initiatives?

QA as I see it ( have not created any formal proposals or just proposals
yet )

Would consist of a representatives from each of the SIG.

Representatives are either elect or pointed what ever each SIG decides
suites them best.

That representative is responsible for the QA of his SIG.

So his role is essentially making sure all the components are working as
advertise
and integrate well into the bigger picture of Fedora.

When I do a formal proposal / draft I can go into more details..
>> Development A.K.A Bug Breeders...
>>

> I like the "Bug breeders" theme, but not sure if that is the best fit
> for the QA page.

We should actually remove all bug team names of that page
just threw them in there for no real reason just to give people a
bit clearer picture where their team fitted in the new layout.

JBG