Can't boot a rawhide kernel since Jan. 13 or so? Read this.

Kyle McMartin kyle at mcmartin.ca
Fri Jan 23 19:05:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 01:38:30PM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Is this something that should be noted on the Fedora 11 Alpha release
> notes one-sheet for people testing that release?  In particular, if we
> expect a significant amount of testers might see a lag behind current
> Rawhide that exhibits this weird "won't-boot" behavior, we should say
> that.

If we can jump to the rawhide kernel that will fall out of koji in a few
hours then the issue will go away. I've changed the default for
intel_iommu to be disabled and require "intel_iommu=on" on the
commandline.

I realize this may inconvenience the virt folks using this for
passthrough, but sadly because of reported data corruption being
possible if io craps out because of the DMAR, I thought it was important
to make it opt-in not opt-out. (phew, long run-on sentence...)

cheers, Kyle