EVR upgrade path check

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jan 24 20:42:20 UTC 2009

So I just closed bug 476375, which concerned a problem with Fedora 11
Rawhide having a lower version number than Fedora 10.  But if someone
releases an update to Fedora 10 with a higher Epoch-Version-Release
number, this could crop up again, and I wouldn't notice it because I
only run the upgrade once.  I notice here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/ReleaseCriteria

that these EVR bugs are considered release blockers.  I would feel a bit
more comfortable about closing this bug if I knew that any future
manifestation would be caught by a systematic check.  I've heard mention
that there used to be a script that checked for this sort of thing, but
after all the infrastructure changes, it's offline.  I heard there was
some sort of controversy about what it should do; is there any movement
on getting that ironed out, or is it still stalled?

-B.