help

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 06:51:44 UTC 2009

2009/1/25 Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com>:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 10:56:33PM +0100, Antonio M wrote:
>> ImportError: libelf.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file
>> or directory
>> >>>

>> How do I proceed and move from this dead point???
>
> Look at some other machine and check which package provides
> libelf.so.1. 'locate' helps with that and once you have this
> information then something like
>
>    rpm -qf /usr/lib/libelf.so.1
>
> will print what you need to know.  That happens to be
> 'elfutils-libelf'.  You can likely find out that even without using
> some other machine as it is hard to believe that you managed to
> force somehow a removal of 'elfutils-libelf'.  A long list of
> packages depends on it.  Maybe a rerun of 'ldconfig' is all what you
> need?
>
> OTOH you seem to be bumping all that time in "adventures" of that
> sort.  Maybe you should start with
>
>      rpm -Va >& /var/tmp/system_check
>
> and clean up things?  'man rpm' explains how to interpret what will
> be shown.  Once you have 'yum' operational again then use
> 'package-cleanup' to get your system into some decent state.
>
> If you got yourself into such state that even rpm and/or rpm2cpio
> refuse to work then you can always unpack required packages in a
> scratch directory on some other Linux installation ('man rpm2cpio')
> and copy results into the right place.
>
>   Michal
>
> --

solved with ldconfig .Tnx.
Forgot to post my thanks some hours ago due to late hour here.

When you say that I am bumping in adventures...IMHO some packages are
pushed out as adventurously as my testing capacity :-).

After latest updates (I mean only the pack of yesterday):
 login greeter is not working any more so I have to start level 3 and
issue startx
USB disks are not mounted
sound icon is "dirty" in application bar

I have to file separate bugs or check if already filed

Tnx again

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag