FC10/rawhide on Lenovo S10 Netbook

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski D.Mierzejewski at icm.edu.pl
Tue Jan 27 12:11:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 09:51:49PM +0100, epate wrote:
> I recently installed FC10 on a Lenovo S10 Netbook and have now updated
> it to rawhide. With the exception of some tweaking to reduce screen
> font sizes to something more suitable for its small screen, it was
> a surprisingly easy installation.
>
> I noticed, however, that the "Guidance Power Management" shows two CPUs
> (and I assume that the Atom is not a multi-core processor).
>
> Any ideas?

That's because Atom N270 has "hyperthreading" and shows up as two cores.
In my tests using x264 to encode a short clip, using two threads gives
about 12% speed-up.

Regards,
R.

--
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann*at*icm.edu.pl>  |  LAN  Staff
Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling