Rawhide: Is Samba o.k in rawhide??

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 16:31:55 UTC 2009

Samba was working on F10, then I switched to rawhide, and:

1) [antonio at Casa ~]$ smbclient -L Casa
Enter antonio's password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.2.5-0.23.fc11]

	Sharename       Type      Comment
	---------       ----      -------
	homes           Disk      Home Directories
	Radioamatori    Disk      Public Stuff
	Documentiidentita Disk      Documenti identita
	Musica          Disk      Samsung Laser
	IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server Version 3.2.5-0.23.fc11)
	ML-1610         Printer   Samsung ML-1610
	Cups-PDF        Printer   Cups-PDF
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.2.5-0.23.fc11]

	Server               Comment
	---------            -------
	CASA                 Samba Server Version 3.2.5-0.23.fc11

	Workgroup            Master
	---------            -------
	WORKGROUP            CASA

2) I assume that at least from CASA I should connect to the shares,
but I can see the shares in Network window , but when I try to connect
to one of them I get the message that Mount of shares failed!!!

3) In the network window I see both CASA and Casa but I have no Casa
on my network!!! and I don't see shares from any other box on my
network.
smbclient -L AcerF10
Connection to AcerF10 failed (Error NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME)

What else should I look at???

Funny that printing is fine (and the printer is connected to F11 box)

I assume that something is broken in gvfs-samba?? Am I correct??
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag