update from f11 preview

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Jul 6 00:45:01 UTC 2009

David L wrote:
> I have an f11 preview system on which I'm
> trying to yum install pptp and I'm running into
> various errors.  I seem to recall that there is
> a time window after which updating a preview
> system no longer updates to f11 but instead
> stays on rawhide.  I want to update to f11 and
> install a few packages without updating
> everything because I have a 5G monthly
> quota on my Verizon wireless connection.
> What is the right way to update from f11
> preview to f11 at this point?

Had I seen this before you diddled the repos, I would have said to update yum
and the packagekit by hand, then use the update  tool in GNOME
system->admin->upgrade to do the rest. You're probably far beyond the help of
that by now, and if you can save and reinstall a stock F11 it would probably be
the least likely to require more questions here.

I have some systems updated as above, some installed from the LiveCD, and some
from the DVD, occasionally using the DVD image on disk and doing a network
install if I have fast network.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>