Fit and Finish test days (was Re: 2009-07-01 - Fedora QA meeting recap)

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 20:34:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 15:31 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 12:44 +0100, Adam Williamson wrote:
>

> > 3. The tests in the 'How to test' section should be presented as proper
> > test cases using the Wiki test day template, as was done for F11 cycle
> > test days. Again, see any recent F11 test day page to see how this is
> > done, and yell if you need help; I'm happy to work on turning these
> > skeletons into full test cases if you like, just yell. :) Writing them
> > up properly as  test cases makes it easier for people to test (and
> > reduces confusion and ambiguity during testing), and also makes it more
> > likely we can re-use the tests in future (as we'll be designing future
> > systems and tools to work with test cases written in the current Wiki
> > template-based form).
>
> I have made an attempt to write some test cases in similar form without
> making them too recipe-like. See the results here, and let me know how
> you like it.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2009-07-07_Fit_and_Finish:Display_Configuration

Great use of the Template {{QA/Test_Case}}!  I've also added a call to
the {{admon/note}} to each test case.

For
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Display_Configuration_Rotated_Monitor, it's slightly unclear around the steps to rotate the monitor.  I've made a few small corrections, I hope that clears things up and retains your original message.

Should how to test step#3 of
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Display_Configuration_Presentation match the steps outlined in step#3 of https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Display_Configuration_Extra_Display ?

Another question I have is how to categorize these test cases.  I like
to ensure all test cases are anchored from the main category
[[Category:Test_Cases]] or from a sub-category under it.

Any objection to adding these test cases to
[[Category:Display_Configuration_Test_Cases]]?

Thanks,
James