on Rawhide, screen goes black when X starts

Andre Robatino andre at bwh.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 10 23:31:53 UTC 2009

On 07/10/2009 07:23 PM, Tom Diehl wrote:

> I am not sure if it is relevant or not but I am having this exact same
> problem with F11 on my Dell inspiron 2650 laptop. The last time it worked,
> was during F11 devel. I have to boot it with pci=noacpi to get it to
> work at all.

I started with a clean install of x86_64 F11 Final followed by enabling
the Rawhide repo.  It was working normally for a while.  At some point
the x86_64 updates weren't generated and yum tried to update using a
bunch of i586 packages, which I refused until the problem was fixed.
Sometime around then (I don't remember if it was before or after) the
black screen problem started.