on Rawhide, screen goes black when X starts

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jul 13 14:32:28 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 07:28 -0400, Andre Robatino wrote:
> I found after starting up again in runlevel 3 that there are a number
> of
> Xorg.log files in /var/log, most having the same size (4982 bytes).  I
> don't know how to do what you described, but I was able to sftp FROM
> the
> Rawhide guest to the host machine to transfer the file.  I've attached
> the most recent one, Xorg.0.log.  Hopefully this won't get stripped
> from
> my message.  I will file a bug report if anyone knows which component
> file it under.

There's not a whole lot of detail in the log; it just shows that it
hangs when loading the vboxvideo driver. As a workaround you could try
creating an xorg.conf file and setting the driver to 'vesa' - see
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_xorg.conf . That may
avoid the problem.
--
Adam Williamson