321 open F11Target Bugs

Niels Haase arxs at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 15 00:29:53 UTC 2009

2009/7/15 John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com>:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=446451&hide_resolved=1
>
> Shows 321 bugs open bugs blocking the Fedora 11 target bug.  What should be
> done with these bugs?
>
> 1) Mass move them to F12Target?

I suggest to only move the one who are in state ON_QA or ASSIGNED (IOW
not in NEW state)

> 2) Review them all?
>   a) Is there value in reviewing them all

In my opinion yes, every bug that we can close, is one less that the
user bugs. If the bug is still present, it will maybe reported as a
new one, and the old (same) one will stay a long time there. But if it
moved to F12Target (and release F12) it will be to be found by the
bugzilla search. Or better if it get fixed, no one need to search for
this issue :)

>   b) What criteria do we use to decide if they should move to F12Target?

Try to triage the bugs who are in state NEW, ask if the problem is
still present, if so, move them to F12Target, no response for 60 days,
closing. Move all the bugs who are in ON_QA or ASSIGNED state.

Regards,
Niels