rawhide install report: no go on older i686 with Radeon QD 7200

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Wed Jul 15 02:06:51 UTC 2009

Trying to do a fresh install of rawhide on the i686 testbox I have, its
a total non-starter.

Using a Radeon QD 7200 requires nomodeset so that's on the command line,
but it seemed to be ignored and the screen went to it's "rainbow"
abstract pattern.  Adding vga=ask or similar makes it get into the boot
process.  Adding xdriver=vesa makes no difference.

Since I'm coming from a local mirror, I add askmethod to the command
line, but it never gets that far.   Just a black screen forever (where
forever >= 5 minutes)

I'll try enabling the rawhide repo and updating from F11 next.

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury