mySQL YUM Bug

Affix affix at ihack.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 15:21:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Itamar Reis Peixoto <
itamar at ispbrasil.com.br> wrote:

> try
>
> chmod 1777 -R /tmp
>
> and try
>
> yum -y update mysql --enablerepo=updates-testing  (may be a newer
> version in updates testing 5.1,83)
>

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Tom Lane<tgl at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Keiran Smith <affix at FedoraProject.org> writes:
> >> [root at moviedb ~]# service mysqld start
> >> Initializing MySQL database:  Installing MySQL system tables...
> >> ERROR: 1004  Can't create file '/tmp/#sql2514_1_0.frm' (errno: 13)
> >
> > You got "permission denied" on a /tmp file?  Methinks there's something
> > wrong with the permissions on /tmp on your box.
> >
> >                        regards, tom lane
> >
> > --
> >

> --
> ------------
>
> Itamar Reis Peixoto
>
> e-mail/msn: itamar at ispbrasil.com.br
> sip: itamar at ispbrasil.com.br
> skype: itamarjp
> icq: 81053601
> +55 11 4063 5033
> +55 34 3221 8599
>
> --

Updates-testing isnt working. I will just build from source from the mysql
site.

Thanks very much for your help though its greatly appreciated.

regards,
Keiran Smith
- Fedora Ambassador / BugZapper - <affix at fedoraproject.org>
- Free Software Foundation Associate - <keiran.smith at member.fsf.org>