Latest updates for F11 x86_64 change video settings drastically

stan gryt2 at q.com
Sat Jul 18 00:26:07 UTC 2009

Hi,

After updating to the latest from updates testing, there were drastic
changes required to my monitor settings.

Initially, it used settings that were below possible resolution,
and capped the selection there.  After I ran the gui setup, it allowed
higher resolutions.  But neither the nouveau or nv driver looked good
at any setting they allowed.  I used the monitors adjustments to fix
this.  I haven't had to do that for 3 or 4 Fedora releases.

It must have been the X updates that caused this.

Perhaps there is something I could have done to fix this less
drastically?