F12 Alpha Blocker Bug review meeting recap 2009-07-17

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Sat Jul 18 03:57:04 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson said the following on 07/17/2009 12:57 PM Pacific Time:
> A quick recap of today's blocker bug review meeting for Fedora 12
> (especially Alpha).
>
> Attendees at various times were myself, James Laska, Jesse Keating,
> Matthias Clasen, Toshio Kuratomi, Adam Miller and Denise Dumas. Thanks
> to all attendees.
>
> We reviewed in full both the F12Alpha and F12Blocker lists, dropping
> several bugs from each, and adding two from F12Blocker to F12Alpha. We
> also worked to clarify the status of work on several of the bugs.
>
> If you are aware of any bugs that you think should be blockers for
> either Fedora 12 Alpha or Fedora 12 final release, please bring them to
> the attention of test-list, or simply set them to block the appropriate
> bugs (F12Alpha and F12Blocker, respectively) yourself, and we will
> review them at the next meeting. Please do actively think about this: we
> want to catch all critical bugs, and we don't mind downgrading a few
> 'false positives' if it means not missing any important issues!
 >
> The next meeting is due next Friday, 2009-07-24.

Thanks for doing the summary!  Much appreciated.  It's exciting to see
how organized we are so far for Fedora 12 and we haven't even reached a
freeze.  I think this is going to go a long way towards reducing the
stress and surprises in Fedora 12, particularly as we get into the
routine of reviewing the blocker lists on a regular basis.  Go team! :)

John