Bugzilla semantics: marking bugs as triaged

Niels Haase arxs at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 22 11:15:52 UTC 2009

2009/7/22 Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com>:
> Adam Williamson, Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:33:08 -0700:
>> Matej Cepl objects to the proposed change on the grounds that it
>> achieves nothing
>
> Just for the record: I feel like I am totally not getting this
> discussion, so I will rather abstain from it (as told on IRC), and I
> accept in advance whatever conclusion will be. Just let me know in
> advance so I can fix my scripts to follow new guidelines.
>
> Matěj

I'm also not quite sure, if I understand the discussion at all. Maybe
someone can be so nice to correct me if I'm wrong.

The main problem is the spam that the developer reached from bugzilla
while triaging of the bugs is ongoing by the bugzappers.

But how what will the change of "move away from ASSIGNED to Triaged
keyword if the triage is done" change here? The amount of outgoing
mail is the same, since it's the same amount of comments and needinfo
that is needed to collect whole needed information form the reporter.

So, if anyone can please so kind to explain me the relation of changed
the state from ASSIGNED to keyword Triaged in the relation to the mail
spam. Thanks for your patience.

What make sense for me is, to changed the behaviour to use the Triaged
keyword to mark the bug as "done" for the triaged afford and leave it
as NEW. The maintainer can now ASSIGN the bug to a list or himself.
Witch will result in one more stage. This make it for my opinion
easier to see if the bug is currently under development by the
maintainer.

The work flow maybe can look like this:
Bug is NEW, triage get started, if the triage is done, set the
"Triaged" keyword, leave the bug as NEW. Now the maintainer need to
ASSIGN the bug (to himself or a list), not the bugzapper any more.

--
Regards,
Niels