rawhide iso not very successful

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Fri Jul 24 00:28:24 UTC 2009

Wanting to join in the Batteries and Suspend test day, I downloaded that
provided rawhide iso (thanks for that) to test my machines.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of luck.

On my laptop I get a message that says:

[drm: radeon_driver_load_kms] *ERROR* Failed to initialise radeon
disabling IOCTL

The boot then continues until I get a kernel panic (which I think has to
do with the onboard dvb tuner card as the traceback I could see referred
to the sms???? which is the driver for this card.

If I pass pci=nomsi then the boot goes a little further but still fails.

I have awful photos of the screen showing some of the output, but I
couldn't scroll up and down  to see anymore than what was on the screen.

On a desktop (with g41 intel graphics but weird drm memory issues) the
system didn't boot, although I was hoping that recent inclusions in f12
should have dealt with this issue.

I'll file bug reports on these but just wanted to give a heads up that
rawhide hadn't worked very well for me. ;-]

Rodd