NetworkManager and Huawei E220/E270

Joerg Bergmann email at jbergmann.de
Sat Jul 25 23:24:45 UTC 2009

Am 25.07.2009 18:27, schrieb Peter Robinson:
> Hi,
>
>> In fedora 11, I have problems with the Huawei E220/E270 3G
>> USB stick (vendor 12d1, product 1003).
>> As I have learned, the problem seems to be with the
>> NetworkManager. Here is the relevant debug info:
>
> There's issues with the E220 if it has an older firmware. There was
> some bug where it essentially kept cycling through modes. You might
> want to check that you have a late enough firmware on it.
>
> Peter

No, it does not cycle. The possible problem: NetworkManager
as well as vodafone-mobile-connect-card-driver-for-linux
needs for a two-port device (one for data, one for control),
and the option driver installs twice with the result of two
one-port devices. That is what the vodafone driver gui
reports as an error.

Joerg