Xorg/Radeon spontaneous blanking issues in F11?

Dennis J. dennisml at conversis.de
Wed Jul 29 03:04:10 UTC 2009

Hi,
Occasionally the screen gets disabled for no reason at all on my F11
system. This occurs even with the screensaver completely disabled and even
after I typed something 5 seconds before. The screen suddenly goes black
and as soon as I press a key it comes back to life again.

The only possible hint I found in the Xorg logfile is this though since
Xorg doesn't put timestamps in front of it's log entries I'm not 100% when
these entries where made and if they have anything to do with this:

Blank CRTC 0 success
Disable CRTC 0 success
Disable CRTC memreq 0 success
Enable CRTC memreq 0 success
Enable CRTC 0 success
Unblank CRTC 0 success
(II) RADEON(0): DIG0 transmitter: Coherent Mode enabled
Output DIG0 transmitter setup success

Anyone else seeing this?

Regards,
   Dennis