Rawhide Install even more broken.

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 19:04:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 10:40 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> On the Nvidia 9600gt machine, the screen still goes dark whn the
> install gets to the point where the language is chosen.  The monitor
> is flashing a message indicating loss of signal or signal out of tolerance.
> Alt-F2 et al do not being the screen to life.  Caps lock works.  The three
> finger Windows salute works and the screen comes to life when the BIOS
> initializes it.
>
> The amd/ati machine gets an error and exits while trying to start anaconda.
> It doesn't even get to try looking for devices any more.

I experienced this also.  I haven't gather additional information yet,
but there appear to be some kernel changes queued up related to VGA
output [1].  I'm not a master of the kernel, but I'm asking around to
see if these are related.

Thanks,
James

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=124327