Updated Schedule for F12

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Sun Jul 12 21:45:59 UTC 2009

James Laska said the following on 07/10/2009 11:43 AM Pacific Time:
> On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 17:12 +0000, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 17:00 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>>> o Added earlier blocker review days (f13)
>>> o Changed usage of "Release Candidate"  (f13)
>>> o Fixed dates for Beta phase so that "to" and "from" dates are
>>> correct
>>> in the context of the report (notting)
>>>
>>> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-releng-tasks.html
>>>
>>> Hopefully this version is a good starting point for the meeting f13
>>> said
>>> he would arrange with QA at Monday's meeting.
>>>
>> Hrm, something is still missing.  Here is the feedback that I gave
>> James.
>>

>> Blocker Reviews) we need a blocker review day to happen with enough time
>> for maintainers to react and fix things prior to the freeze.  I see
>> there are ones scheduled for the 17th, 24th, and 31st, with the freeze
>> being Aug 4th.  This is good, but is there a good reason to have 3
>> before the freeze, rather than 2?  Just curious.  Also curious (and
>> forgetful) what the reason is we are doing these on Fridays.  What's
>> missing here is a review of the blocker bugs just before the RC compose
>> (is this implicit?) as well as one /after/ the RC compose and testing.
>
> All good points.  I'm not too worried about the number.  I think our
> intent is in the right place to address the issues we had during F11;
> more blocker bug days, and earlier.

<full cut>

Trying to consume all of these emails and know which changes to make or
not make is more than my little brain can handle :)  I really do want to
understand the methodology and nuance so I can template the tasks correctly.

Can we meet at 1 PM EDT/10 AM PDT tomorrow (Monday) using Fedora Talk
and Gobby?  Fedora Talk extension: 2009.  This should work well
(hopefully) because the releng meeting is at 2 PM EDT (or at least it
was last week).

I will put a full text version of detailed schedule on Gobby and we can
start at the top and run it all the way through to the bottom.  This
will be much faster for me and hopefully for everyone else too.

Thanks,
John