Apps stop responding to mouse keys

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue Jul 14 09:30:32 UTC 2009

----- "birger" <birger at birger.sh> wrote:

> One more of those hard to file on correct component bugs... Any help
> appreciated.
>
> Sometimes the application I'm working in stops responding to mouse
> presses. No menus work, nothing. Sometimes this happens in a
> virtualbox
> VM (the whole virtualbox window stops responding), sometimes it's in
> firefox, sometimes in gnome-terminal.
>
> Whenever this happens I have to click on another app and actually use
> the mouse buttons inside that app. Click on a button or menu and see
> that I get a response. I can then go back to the app I was working in
> and it will be ok again.
>
> I am running both compiz and cairo-dock, but not much customization
> apart from that.

Hello,

I have seen exactly this behaviour on Ubuntu, therefore it is highly probable that this bug is not Fedora-specific. I have seen it always when running Compiz and never when running Metacity, therefore I suppose it could be a Compiz bug. Switching applications or minimizing and restoring application usually helps. I never looked for it, but I would guess that someone certainly has reported such bug in Compiz. It could also be a video driver bug (I've seen it on nvidia binary driver).

Unfortunately I currently don't know of any other workaround than switching the Compiz off.