Please help test Congruity

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 15:52:33 UTC 2009

Hey, folks. Wearing my packager hat, I've just sent initial packages for
congruity - the GUI front end for programming Logitech Harmony remote
controls - to Rawhide, Fedora 10 and Fedora 11. They should hopefully
show up in today's (2009/07/15) Rawhide compose, and updates-testing
composes for F10 and F11. Otherwise you can get 'em from Koji.

If any of you have Harmony remote controls, I'd really appreciate it if
you could help test it. It should work very smoothly: all you should
need to do is install the 'congruity' package, then go through the
Logitech site which lets you program the remote, and at each point where
on Windows a file is downloaded and opened by the Logitech utility,
Congruity should automatically open up to handle it instead. So it
should be completely seamless. I've tested this already with my own
Harmony, but of course it's always different when it gets into the wide
world, so if Harmony owners can test this and report their experience,
that'd be great. Thanks!

(Even if your remote is already programmed, you can do a firmware
update, or check for updated profiles for your devices - I found an
updated firmware version and updated profiles for my TV and amp, while I
was testing).

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey