Bugzilla semantics: marking bugs as triaged

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 14:19:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 09:06 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 16:41 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > And it's also just semantically wrong - the word 'assigned'
> > does not mean 'triaged'.
>
> It can also be a bit annoying when there are multiple maintainers for a
> package, and it gets "assigned" to the main maintainer. Personally I'd
> prefer e.g. renaming "new" to "unconfirmed", and "assigned" to
> "confirmed".

That doesn't work either, though, for the same objection - it's not
'confirmed', it's triaged. We don't require reproduction as part of the
triage process.

I think the only sensible way to rename the states would be NEW and
TRIAGED, but I'd rather have a keyword for Triaged than have it be a
state, personally.

> Whether or not an additional state of "assigned" is then
> necessary is fair moot to me. I'd prefer to avoid flag-city with an
> explosion of possible flag-combinations, and have a simple state
> pipeline.

Yep, me too.

--
Adam Williamson