Fit and Finish test day: batteries and suspend

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 17:35:06 UTC 2009

Matthias Clasen on 07/17/2009 11:50 AM wrote:
> Just a reminder:
>
> The next 'fit and finish' test day will take place on July 21, which is
> next Tuesday. We want to look at issues with the user experience around
> batteries, suspend and power management in general.

I can't participate, but I'd like to add the issue (that I've still seen in
F11,
but I haven't looked at Rawhide...) regarding 'ATA power-management/
click of death'; where due to aggressive power management, the head
unloads, but due to activity on the OS, the head promptly loads again.

Has this issue been addressed yet in Rawhide?

(Personally, I have a little 'service' that disables the power management
on my laptop (on F8), but I haven't found where to execute it when the
laptop comes out of 'suspend'?)