Bugzilla semantics: marking bugs as triaged

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 20:11:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 14:17 -0500, Allen Kistler wrote:

> > As noted in earlier discussion in this thread, no, that's not how it
> > works currently. ASSIGNED is set by the triager, not the maintainer, so
> > it doesn't indicate anything about the maintainer's intentions, strictly
> > speaking.
>
> I think you misunderstood.  I wasn't talking about how Fedora personnel
> set the fields.  I was talking about how Bugzilla, the software,
> interprets and represents the fields,

OK.

>  based mostly, I'm sure, on how RH
> uses them for RHEL.

Why would that be? Bugzilla comes from Mozilla, originally, not RHEL.
The descriptions you cite come from upstream Bugzilla, I believe, not
from Red Hat. The RHEL workflow, FWIW, is the same as Fedora's in this
respect; ASSIGNED is set when triage is complete.

> The challenge is that if Fedora is going to start using them too
> differently from RHEL, then perhaps Bugzilla needs a "My Fedora Front
> Page" in addition to "My Front Page."

We don't want to make extensive customizations to Bugzilla. The
canonical reference for the Fedora bug workflow is
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow .

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey