finger print reading broken?

Guido Grazioli guido.grazioli at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 09:46:53 UTC 2009

2009/6/12 Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com>

> On 06/11/2009 11:11 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>> The aes1610 driver has not been ported yet to the new libfprint 0.1.0-pre1
>> which Fedora 11 ships. So your hardware is no longer supported. :-(
>>
>> Hardware support regressions are unfortunate.
>>

> OK. Thanks for the info. Maybe if I find motivation I'll help the port
> process along.

Hello all

i have a somewhat working driver for aes1610 for libfprint 0.1.0-pre2, but
i need help with testing it. Fingerprint images taken with fprint_demo
look good, but i never get a match (this also happens very rarely on windows
though, so it may be my hardware faulty)

The driver is based on aes2501 template with parts taken from
0.6.0 aes1610; note it also randomly crashes if you swipe the
finger on the reader too slowly.

Source file is here:
http://guidograzioli.fedorapeople.org/aes1610/aes1610.c
(you have to fiddle with configure.ac and Makefile.in to build it yourself,
as the driver was disabled)

I also have F11 rpms with debugging turned on here:
http://guidograzioli.fedorapeople.org/aes1610/

If you try it and cant login anymore to your desktop, or other bad
things happen, dont blame me, you are warned.

regards

> --

Guido Grazioli <guido.grazioli at gmail.com>
Via Parri 11 48011 - Alfonsine (RA)
Mobile: +39 347 1017202 (10-18)
Key FP = 7040 F398 0DED A737 7337  DAE1 12DC A698 5E81 2278
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/in/guidograzioli