Fedoras' poor performance in test

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Tue Jul 28 09:49:29 UTC 2009

On 07/28/2009 08:13 AM, Adam Pribyl wrote:
<snip>
Removed mentioning of phoronix and their extraordinaire benchmarking
techniques...
</snip>

> Therefore I think, this kind of tests should become at least a part of
> QA procedure for a release, to make sure we do not loose too much
> while beeing "first".

You cannot reliably "benchmark" rawhide performance nor should we even
try. Identifying and fixing bugs comes first, *tuning* comes later.

However actively monitor supported release performance and improving it
sounds more a likely candidate but you will need to contact
infrastructure to see if they have resources to spare etc..

JBG