Fedoras' poor performance in test

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jul 28 11:40:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:13:28PM +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 07:07 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > However, as Rawhide is alpha/beta--I would think that it would be full
> > of debugging code that would slow it down, making it a poor choice for
> > comparision testing.
>
> What debugging code are we talking about here ?

I don't know.  That's why I said "I would think."   :)

I do know that at times, I've had issues that I've posted here, and been
given an rpm of say, a kernel that had debugging code removed which then
worked.

Sorry if it came off as knowledge, rather than a question, I blame it on
the early hour.  Rereading my message, I see it was phrased poorly.

Thanks for pointing that out.  Let me rephrase it.

I know that in many alpha/beta releases of Linux and other
distributions, performance is slowed by a great deal of debugging code?

Is that the case in Rawhide?

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6