Fedora 12 Alpha installation test invitation --Jul 29, 2009

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 04:06:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 09:51 +0800, Liam wrote:

> I can set severity when I file a bug, do you mean that setting makes no
> sense?

You're allowed to because you're a maintainer (all package maintainers
get added to the fedorabugs group in FAS automatically, and all
fedorabugs FAS group members go into the editbugs group in Bugzilla).

> or after a tester filed the bug, some developers will reset that
> severity if it is not correct?

The intended process is the reporter files the bug and leaves the
severity alone, and the severity is set by the triage team when they
triage the bug. The maintainer can override the triager's setting if he
believes it is incorrect, and the maintainer's choice is final (by
policy). So according to this process, Andy should set severity when she
triages anaconda bugs.

Of course, in your case since you know anaconda pretty well and you know
the severity policy and you have access to set the severity setting,
it's fine for you to set it to the appropriate setting when you file a
bug.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey