Xorg/Radeon spontaneous blanking issues in F11?

Niels Haase arxs at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 29 14:52:55 UTC 2009

2009/7/29 Guido Grazioli <guido.grazioli at gmail.com>:

> I agree with that: i had blank screens with nouveau and nvidia binary
> driver, but only when my laptop was on battery.
> I also get sometimes the centre popup telling that the screen brightness
> was adjusted, but nothing changes (with both drivers above).
> nvclock seems to adjust brightness successfully though
>
> gg>

I can agree this. More curious, after I install the nvidia blob I have
leave my laptop inside the dock, so I don't run with battery power and
don't see the bug again. With let me think it was caused by nouveau.
I've give it a test and pulled it out to run with battery power, and
after 5 minutes or less/more the screen turns black. So I guess this
is relay a power management issue as Bob mentioned and not a X driver
one.

--
Regards,
Niels