Fedora Bugzilla Statistics 2009-05-26 - 2009-06-01

Brennan Ashton bashton at brennanashton.com
Tue Jun 2 13:24:44 UTC 2009

2009/6/2 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at hi.is>:
> On 06/02/2009 07:32 AM, Brennan Ashton wrote:
>>
>> As some of you may have heard over in Bugzappers we are developing
>> some metrics applications for bugzilla to help us recognize testers,
>> developers, and other contributors to the project.  This is the first
>> week that we are semi confident that the results are correct, although
>> there is some concern we are missing some of the bugs causing the
>> count to be low.  If any of you see something that looks wrong let me
>> know and I will try to track down the issue.  Also if there is
>> information that you would like in this report that is not in here
>> already let me know and we can see about adding it.
>>

> Great work..
>
> Is it possible to get a wiki page that explains a bit how these statistics
> are generated?
>
> Are you filtering maintainers from reporters/triagers ?
>
> Corresponding IRC names would be nice addon.

That is a simple addon, I already link to FAS with the scripts, so if
the IRC nick is in there I can show it.

> Release seperation would be nice ( F10, F11, Rawhide )
>
> That would probably mean three different statistic reports.
>
> Instead of top 5 what about "This weeks" "Overall" and "Top"
> of course per release.

I think that could be done, in fact I think I am already putting that
information in the database.  This might be a feature that is a little
further down the road.

>> ==Top 5 Bug Closers==
>>

> Does this list contain maintainers or triagers that are closing bugs
> or both? If both should it not just only contain maintainers ?
This is both, what would be hard about taking out the triagers is that
there are people like me who are both.  How would you like to see that
handled?

>> ==Top 5 Components Closing Bugs==
>>

> I would like to see detail list here ( all not just top ) along with how
> they were resolved
> ( FIXED/WONTFIX/NOTABUG )
Interesting.  That might be useful information, and I do not think it
would be too hard to add, this is another one that would be down the
road though.

> Another thing that would be lovely is a talking to infra and getting an web
> space that
> contains a web page that automatically generates Statistics charts (
> rrdtools ) for these
> statistics.
>
> Using the wiki to host this is not the way to go ( refeering to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Statistics ).

And I totally agree, right now this web page is not  user friendly,
and there are some magic keywords that are not documented this will
change in the next month, as I add search forms and the like.
http://publictest14.fedoraproject.org/triageweb/
Note that the bottom three links on that page do not work.
if you want to limit a report to a certain time frame use these
variables in the url like /triagers?start=2009-06-01&end=2009-06-02

The stats are updated every day at 3:00 UTC