Introduction

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 17:13:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 22:21 -0400, mark preston wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Mark Preston.  I currently work for Oracle and have been been using
> various versions of fedora/redhat/enterprise linux for 8+ years. I
> currently use fedora 10 as my desktop system.   I've been with several
> different groups within Oracle, currently i do advance support/bug
> diagnostics for a couple of our products.
>
> I'm interested in assisting with bug screening for the fedora project.
> I haven't decided on what component to help with but would be welcome to
> suggestions or where needed most.  It seems bug triage is a subset of
> what i do in my 9 to 5 job, so it should be a good fit.
>
> My background includes a degree in computer science (many years ago) and
> can read code but prefer not to write code.  The various hats i've worn
> over the years include system administration, networking, email systems
> (not exchange), database.
>
> If you would like more info just ask.

Hi, Mark, and welcome to the group! I have approved your fedorabugs
request so you will soon have triager powers :). The Wiki should include
the information you need to start in on triaging: please let us know if
you're unsure about anything or anything seems to be missing. We have
meetings on Tuesday mornings (U.S. time) -
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Meetings - and we try to make
Tuesday a 'triage day', including helping new BugZappers get started, so
if you come along to #fedora-bugzappers after the meeting (or just any
time on Tuesday) and ask, a few of us should be available to give you a
hand getting started if you'd like that. Thanks for volunteering your
time, we appreciate it!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey