Install Test plan for Fedora 12, any feedback would be welcome

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 15:09:08 UTC 2009

Greetings,

Thanks for taking the time to breath some life into the installation
test plan!  I've done a few minor wiki changes to the page, and added
some comments below.

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 15:10 +0800, Liam wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>    We have a draft of test plan for Fedora 12. This test plan will be
> used to  verify installation of Fedora 12 on different hardware
> platforms and gather installation test feedback. We have had some new
> features in this test plan for Fedora 12,but  some new features are
> still under discussion and unavailable till now.In this test plan, we
> try to cover things(such as: schedule,test
> criteria,scope,approach,priority,etc...) related to testing activities,
> but if something missed or inappropriate,please feel free to comment or
> give feedback.
> We are looking forward to your feedback such as:
> 1. Things are not clear in the plan
> 2. Items which don't make sense
> 3. Items which missed in plan

I don't think all of the installer features having been proposed yet.
However, one change that might be worth considering is
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Features/YuminstallCleanup.
It's not an official feature yet, and it may be that the cases already
outlined will cover testing of this change.  But something to consider.

> 4. Items  which need more information

I really like the 'test priority' section!  This has been missing from
test plan *and* the test results template.  Would it make more sense to
just list in the test plan (fewer changes in case re-prioritization is
needed)?

Also on 'test priority', I'm trying to think of a way to provide more
detail for the items listed.  For example, "Common Boot Media" ... but
we don't provide some examples for what common is.  Without having to
explicitly list *all* the test cases, would it make sense to leverage
wiki categories for this?  Perhaps categorizing relevant test cases with
something like:

 * [[Category:Installer_Fedora12_Tier1]]
 * [[Category:Installer_Fedora12_Tier2]]
 * [[Category:Installer_Fedora12_Tier3]]

Perhaps there is something simpler or more straight forward?

> 5. Anything you want to suggest or comment

Perhaps the page should be moved to QA:Fedora_12_Install_Test_Plan

Thanks,
James