New BugZapper Introduction

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+fedoraproject at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 11:34:24 UTC 2009

Thomas Janssen venit, vidit, dixit 23.06.2009 12:39:
> 2009/6/23 Niels Haase <arxs at fedoraproject.org>:
>> The exact way that I was gone:
>>
>> Registered in RH BZ (with the gmail address)
>> Report some bugs as a normal user
>> Join the bugzappers team -> create a account in FAS (same gmail
>> address as in bz)
>> Get the Triaged power for bz by accepting to join the "Fedora Bugs" FAS group
>> Do some triage of bugs (with the gmail address)
>> then changed the email address under [1] to the fp.o one
>> Login with the fp.o one and all rights and buttons are working fine
>>
>> Hope it helps do understand.
>
> Yeah, i thought that. I'm right now in #fedora-admin to get some
> help/clarification what can be done in cases like mine. Looks to me
> like a bug in 'Bugzilla <-> FAS' since it works if you do it in "the
> right order".
>
> Thanks by the way. Maybe i get a chance with some ninja to have fp.o
> working with triaging.

Hum hum. For me it was:

BZ account had fp.o address
FAS account had forward to gmail address
forward was removed automatically during recent cleanup
got approved for BugZappers, forward got reinstated
FAS sent automatic complaints that it didn't find my e-mail (gmail) in BZ
Changed BZ e-mail to the same gmail address which FAS knows
Automatic FAS complaints stopped, I got the additional permissions in BZ
*now BZ won't let me change my e-mail address again*

I thought I could simply switch the BZ e-mail address back to the fp.o
one, but it can't on the Prefrences/Name & PW page I can change the pw
and my real name, but for the e-mail there's only a line "Confirmed
email address" listing the e-mail as non-editable text.

Looking at your list of steps, I may have to some triaging first... But
also step 1 was different, or e-mail changes are restricted timewise.

Michael