2009-06-24 - Fedora QA meeting Recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 16:12:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 14:35 -0400, James Laska wrote:

> Jlaska suggested having a way to catalog content (e.g. debugging tips,
> or bug filing tips) for testers to easily find could be a great start.

I have arranged something of a system for this already:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests#Information_required_for_bugs_in_specific_components

notice the sub-pages linked to there. For any component, either add the
information to the existing sub-page, or create a new one and link it
from that section.

> == Open discussion ==
>
> === Target Audience for israwhidebroken.com? ===
>
> Viking_ice asked who are the target audience with israwhidebroken.com
> and what is being hope to accomplish with that?   Adding that we, as
> testers, know that rawhide is largely broken before beta.
>
> Jlaska suggested pulled content from the [[Israwhidebroken.com_Proposal|
> IRB.COM FAD proposal]] ... ''Provide a single, well-known location with
> information about whether or not Rawhide is broken, and a link to the
> last known-good Rawhide tree.''  Jlaska summarized, ''for me ... it's
> all about consistently gathering data to facilitate decision making.''

To put it clearly, the target audience is anyone who knows the dangers
of Rawhide, wants to use it, but wants to know whether it's actually
literally broken (in the sense of it can't possibly be installed / used
at the most basic level) on that particular day, and they would hence be
wasting their time. The aim is to make it easier for those who _can_
safely use Rawhide, to use it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey