Raising the bar

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Jun 29 20:35:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 23:48 +0400, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> 2009/6/29 Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com>:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > we'd like to announce the 'Fit and Finish' initiative for Fedora,
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fit_and_Finish
> >
> > with the goal to improve the user experience of the Fedora desktop.
>
> If you wish to improve *user* experience, then you should focus
> entirely on actual Fedora releases rather than on Rawhide. However I
> see that in testing days you still encourage only users with
> up-to-date Rawhide installations. That's not an option for wide
> audience, and, therefore this initiative will be doomed.
>
> --
> With best regards!

I have difficulty reconciling your last sentence, and your .sig.

In addition to rawhide live media, as Matthias mentioned, we'll be happy
to take bug reports against current releases.  They're of slightly less
value, since they are effectively a list of things to check the next
rawhide against, and may never get fixed in the stream they're reported
against due to all the usual technical reasons (backport difficulty,
etc), but that doesn't mean they're valueless.

- ajax