Draft of Install Test SOP, Could you help to find some problems?

Niels Haase arxs at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 30 06:10:42 UTC 2009

2009/6/30 Liam <lili at redhat.com>:
> Greetings,
>
>    Great!Thanks for your very patient check and comments.This draft
> really has lots of mistakes which need to correct.I will have a
> modification immediately.Thank you again.
>
> Regards,
> Liam
>
>> On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 10:45 +0800, Liam wrote:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>>        This is a draft (standard operating procedure) for Fedora Install
>>> test.This document involves process or steps by which QA organize
>>> install test in community. The purpose of SOP is to make QA's
>>> responsibilities transparent,so anyone can join + lead + contribute in
>>> this test in the near future.
>>>        This page is only a draft now,need your suggestions and
>>> corrections,do you have some comments?
>>>        The page of draft at:
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Liam/Draft_Install_Test_SOP
>>
>> Nice!  I think this starts to capture a fair amount of the steps
>> involved when attempting to organize collaborative testing against an
>> upcoming milestone (e.g. Alpha, Beta).
>>
>>        * I've slightly reworded the introduction and moved it above the
>>          table of contents.  Hopefully this doesn't dilute the message
>>          you were trying to convey, just let me know.
>>        * Perhaps unintentional, the install test dates should be prior to
>>          the official milestone release.  The testing efforts described
>>          in this process are intended to provide data for a GO / NO_GO
>>          release decision.  But you bring up a good point about
>>          collecting results *after* the milestone has been released.
>>          Perhaps we need to spell that out.  I don't have any good
>>          suggestions at the moment, I will contemplate a bit ...
>>
>> Some other minor suggestions I might offer:
>>        * Perhaps similar to the comment Adam Williamson had regarding the
>>          use of spacing around question mark '?' in the Xorg Debugging
>>          document.  Make sure to follow each period '.' with two spaces,
>>          and each comma ',' with a single space.
>>        * When linking to other pages on the wiki, try to use the
>>          [[PageName]] syntax.
>>        * FYI ... I've gone ahead and added this to the category
>>          [[Category:QA SOPs]]
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James

Liam,
good work on this SOP draft. I see some minor thing. If I read the
following line: 'Currently, we mainly announce install test in fedora
mailing list' I was wondering that we announced this "test
installation days" on the normal f-l, but the link show correctly to
the f-t-l. Or is the link wrong and the 	announcement should relay
send to f-l?

--
Regards,
Niels